Our priority during this time is keeping you, our clients, your children, our teachers, our loved ones, and the vulnerable individuals in our society safe.
To reduce the spread of the virus, we highly RECOMMEND students to take lessons via online portals and video conference facilities.
GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE LESSONS.
A virtual lesson does not reduce the value and quality of lessons we offer.
Some of the benefits of taking online music lessons include
- Effective time management: Children can learn at a time that best fits their own needs and their family’s schedule, any day of the week.
- Cost effectiveness: There is an ongoing 50% off all plans for our online classes.
- Online classes encourage social distancing to reduce the spread of the Corona Virus
Your teacher will discuss with you which virtual platform works best for your family. Our teachers use a variety of platforms: FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, and Skype. Technology is moving quickly during this time and we are always looking for ways to create the best learning experience for our students.
Here are a few helpful tips to make the most of your online music lessons:
- Find a quiet spot in your home to have a lesson free of distractions. Some students may need earbuds if they are learning in noisy environments.
- A great internet connection! The faster the upload and download speed the better your feed will be.
- A computer, phone or tablet. The device will need to be positioned next to your instrument to enable the teacher to see your upper body and fingers on the keys.
- A notebook and a pen or pencil.
- A musical instrument. For piano lessons you will need an electronic keyboard (5 octaves and up), a digital, upright or grand piano. All other instruments should be warmed up ready for the lesson.
GUIDELINES FOR OFFLINE/PHYSICAL LESSONS
HOME music school has created safety guidelines and measures for teachers and students to follow in order to limit and prevent the spread of the Corona Virus.
- Upon arrival of the teacher, parents should provide soap and water for the teacher to wash the exposed parts of the body.
- Students and teachers MUST wear a mask throughout the duration of the lesson.
- All surfaces to be used for lesson MUST be sanitized before and after every lesson.
- Parents should make sure the learning space is as close to the entrance as possible to limit Teacher’s contact with the house.
- Students and teachers MUST sanitize/wash their hands before and after each lesson.
- Parents should use an in-house infrared thermometer as a device for routine scanning of all the teachers
Please note HOME MUSIC SCHOOL provides no legal guidance or formal advice and we accept no legal responsibility for risk of infection or breach of any lockdown by any client or tutor we represent as agent or otherwise.